Why Do Fire Safety Training?
The fire safety training course is designed to train employees in fire safety procedures in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at work act 2005 and the Fire Services act (1981 & 2003). This course raises awareness on fire hazards in the workplace and how to act safely in the event of an emergency fire situation. This course includes selecting and discharging a fire extinguisher.
Fire safety legislation (Overview)
Understanding the physics and chemistry of fire
Development and spread of fire
Action in the event of fire
Means of raising alarm
Means of summoning the fire brigade
Action on hearing the fire alarm
Practical demonstration in the use of foam and CO2 fire extinguishers
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Act in an emergency situation safely.
- Be able to understand the chemistry of fire.
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace and fire prevention methods.
- Follow evacuation procedures.
- Select and use appropriate firefighting equipment.
Participants will be granted a 3 year Trojan Safety Training Certificate stating that they have attended and completed the course.