The aim of this one day Safe Pass Course is to provide participants with a greater appreciation and understanding of the workplace hazards associated with working on construction sites. Construction workers are obliged by law under section 4 of the construction regulations act 2006 to hold a valid Safe Pass Course.
- Understand the importance of health and safety
- Understand how workers can contribute to preventing accidents
- Identify the dangers of working with tools, machinery and large plant
- Identify and explain the dangers presented if working at heights.
- Understand the types of accidents that happen and how to prevent them
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Act in an emergency situation safely.
- Be able to understand the chemistry of fire.
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace and give risk assessments.
- Follow evacuation procedures.
- Select and use appropriate firefighting equipment.
- Complete Written Assessment.
Participants must bring their PPS number and a passport photograph. Minimum number of Participants required is 8 with the maximum number being 20. This Safe Pass Course is run through English and a good understanding of the language is expected from participants. (Courses can be run in other languages by prior arrangement if all participants speak the same language). Safe Pass Training Course should be renewed every 4 years.
Who Should Attend
Construction workers, contractors, scaffolders, on-site security personnel, craft workers and others required under the Construction Regulations.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a SOLAS Safe Pass Card.